Essiac Tea is not just for cancer. Many people take it for general health purposes to detoxify their bodies, for healing of various ailments, or to protect themselves from disease. It can also be given to pets safely.
In a large, stainless steel pot, 2 oz. (1/4 cup) of Essiac Herb Tea and add a 1/2 gallon (64 oz/1.9 liters) of spring or distilled water (tap water is not recommended), plus a few extra ounces to adjust for evaporation. Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, lightly covered with a lid. Turn off heat and allow herbs to steep and cool for 12 hours. At this point, the Essiac Herb Tea can be strained and poured into a container to be placed in the refrigerator. Stir or shake the tea gently, prior to each use, to slightly stir up the sediment. The used Essiac Herb Tea pulp can be used as a therapeutic healing poultice or simply discarded.
Therapeutic Benefits of Essiac Herb Tea:
- Prevents build-up of excess fatty deposits in artery walls, heart, kidney tubules, and liver
- Regulates cholesterol levels by transforming sugar and fat to energy
- Halts diarrhea, checks internal hemorrhaging and overcomes constipation
- counteracts the effects of aluminum, lead, and mercury poisoning
- Strengthens and tightens muscles, organs, and tissue
- Makes bones, joints, ligaments, lungs and membranes strong and flexible, more durable, and less vulnerable to stress
- Promotes the absorption of fluids in the tissues
- Removes toxic accumulation in fat, lymph, bone marrow, bladder and alimentary canal
- Absorbs toxins in the bowel, then eliminates them
- Clears respiratory channels by dissolving and expelling mucus
- Relieves the liver of its burden of detoxification by converting fatty toxins into water soluble substances that can then be easily eliminated through the kidneys
- Assists the liver in producing lecithin which forms part of the myelin sheath surrounding the nerve tissue
- Reduces, perhaps eliminates heavy metals deposits in the tissues, especially those surrounding the joints, to relieve inflammation and stiffness
- Improves the functions of the pancreas by increasing the effectiveness of insulin
- Cleanses the blood
- Increases red cell production and keeps all these cells from rupturing
- Increases the body's ability to utilize oxygen by raising the oxygen level in the tissue cells
- Maintains the balance between potassium and sodium within the body
- Renders calcium and potassium oxalate soluble in the urine. Regulate the amount of oxalic acid delivered to the kidneys, thus reducing risk of stone formation in the gall bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract
- Protects the brain from circulating toxins
- Relieves pain, increases appetite and provides more energy and a sense of well-being
- Accelerates wound healing
- Increases the production of lymphocytes and T-cells
- Inhibits and possibly destroys benign growths and tumors
- Protects cells from free-radical damage, including damage from radiation and x-rays
Essiac Herb Tea should be taken on an empty stomach. Ideally, 2 hours after meals or an hour before meals. Taking it at bedtime is also recommended. There are different recommended dosages for Essiac Herb Tea and they are as follows.
For general health maintenance: On average, 3 ounces per day should be ingested and this can be done indefinitely. Larger people or people suffering from minor medical conditions could take up to 5 ounces per day and smaller people could do 2 ounces per day.
For detoxification: Choose either a short/intense detox or a longer/milder detox. A short/intense detox would call for 2 ounce doses of tea, 3 times per day for 2 or 3 weeks. A long/mild detox would call for a 2-3 ounce dose, 2 times per day for 4-6 months.
For aggressive dosing in cases of cancer, suspected cancer, tumors, lupus, severe arthritis, and any other serious disease: Drink 3 or 4 ounce doses, 3 times a day for a minimum of 6 months. Essiac will not interfere with traditional cancer treatments, but cancer treatments may interfere with your Essiac, so it is recommended that you double your dose to 6 ounces, 3 times per day if you are undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
Pet dosage: Brew the same as for humans. Pet dosages vary with the size of your pet, and range from 1/2oz to 2oz of tea per day. Some very large dogs can take 3oz or more. Up to 15 lbs: 1/2 oz of tea per day, 15 to 40 lbs: 1/2 oz of tea, twice per day, 40 - 80 lbs: 1 oz of tea, twice per day, over 80 lbs: 2-3 oz of tea, twice per day. If your pet experiences diarrhea, decrease dose.
The tea doesn't taste bad, but dosages can be diluted in water to make it more palatable. You may also add honey, stevia, or agave nectar to sweeten your Essiac Herb Tea. It is possible that the acidity in fruit and vegetable juice may effect the effectiveness of the Essiac Herb Tea, so it is not recommended as a sweetener.
Side effects are rare with Essiac Herb Tea, but there are 3 general possibilities
- Nausea and/or indigestion, generally caused by eating or drinking too soon before or after drinking the tea.
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or severe intestinal or digestive discomfort, caused principally because as toxins dissolve, the body tries to eliminate them quickly.
- An increase in the size of an existing tumor, caused by the metastasized cells gathering at the original site, before the tumor softens and reduces in size.
If any discomfort or diarrhea occurs, Rene always cautioned her patients to stop taking the decoction for several days until they felt better. Then they were told to begin again with just half an ounce of Essiac Herb Tea every other day and gradually to increase the dose to one ounce each day. This usually corrected the problem.
Essiac Herb tea is a very safe tea to drink, but like with all herbs, it should be avoided by pregnant or lactating women.
Buy Essiac Tea from Herb Affair and experience the benefits for yourself.