Wheatgrass Juice Powder - Not Your Average Green Juice
Who doesn’t like a good, strong shot to get you going? But we’re not talking about that type of shot. One of the last crazes in just about any health food store or juice bar, wheatgrass shots are popping up pretty much everywhere. But why the sudden buzz?
Wheatgrass is pretty intense — it has a strong, earthy, and grassy taste that can sometimes be hard to handle. Whether you prefer it eaten on its own, juiced into a shot form (the most common), or ground up into powder, any way you prefer, you’ll reap (mostly) all the same benefits.
Of course, consuming any food in its most natural state is preferable, but what about those times where it’s just not available? Cue: wheatgrass juice powder..
Try our Raw Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder and experience the benefits of this incredible supplement.
Wheatgrass powder and wheatgrass juice powder — aren’t they the same thing?
You’ve probably seen containers of wheatgrass powder at your local health food store, but what about wheatgrass juice powder. You might think they’re the same thing, but they aren’t, and their differences can be quite significant.
Wheatgrass powder is made from the entire edible (and viable) portions of the plant that are ground and then dehydrated into a powdered form.
Wheatgrass juice powder undergoes the same process, but a second filtering is done to remove all of the fibrous, pulpy parts and plant material to produce just the juice, which is then dehydrated into a powder.1
So why does this second process make such a difference? While removing the fibrous, pulpy components means that wheatgrass juice powder has less fibre, it also means that the nutrient concentration is that much more concentrated.
Typically, wheatgrass juice powder will have more vitamin A and E, more than ten times the amount of calcium, almost double the iron, up to four times as much chlorophyll, and up to forty-two times as much superoxide dismutase (SOD) – one of the most potent and important antioxidants in the body.1
So despite such a small difference in the names, the nutritional content of them differs quite notably.
Here are 14 reasons why you should be adding wheatgrass juice powder to your daily routine: 2, 3, 4, 51. It’s one of the best sources of chlorophyll around. Chlorophyll works as a blood cleanser/purifier and blood builder.
Wheatgrass juice powder is much more than simply another ‘green juice powder.’ But if the idea of mixing it with a little water and knocking it back doesn’t appeal to you, don’t worry. Here are a few ways you can incorporate it into your diet without feel like your drinking grass.
Try it in a smoothie
Wheatgrass Mint-Chocolate Chip Smoothie 6
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, cashew — whatever you prefer)
- 1 cup spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana, frozen and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. wheatgrass juice powder (or more)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 handfuls mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs
- To serve: coconut whipped cream (optional), extra cacao nibs
- Put all ingredients except cacao nibs in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse a few times. Transfer smoothie into a glass.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream, and sprinkle more cacao nibs.
Supercharge your salads
Wheatgrass Lime & Cilantro Dressing 6
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed, chopped roughly
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp. wheatgrass juice powder
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime), more to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Store in refrigerator.
Pump up your ice cream
Vegan Wheatgrass Avocado & Pistachio Ice Cream 7
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 3 tbsp. rice malt syrup (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp. wheatgrass juice powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Transfer into freezer-friendly container and freeze for 3-4 hours.